2008 Yamaha TTR 125
Yamaha release details of the improvements to the ever popular TTR125 for 2008
The TT-R125E’s four-stroke air-cooled engine has always delivered a wide band of responsive power, making it ideal for an equally wide range of riders. Now sporting a host of improvements, that range of riders just got wider. Already a class leading mid-sized fun bike, the new 2008 model TT-R125E is equipped with new, larger and better damped forks that offer sharper steering, greater comfort and better terrain holding for a more confident and enjoyable riding experience than ever before. The TT-R’s legendary air cooled 4-stroke SOHC mill features new valve springs, cam chain and carb settings, and maintains the convenience of electric starting. The new sharper, more aggressive plastics, smart new exhaust and new flatter cockpit look very factory YZ and at the same time improve rider mobility for greater control. Beefier and better damped forks, slick new bodywork and revised engine internals mean that both versions of TT-R125E appeal to a wider range of riders The TT-R125E continues to be offered in standard 14in and 17in wheels and Large Wheel (16in and 19in) versions for maximum versatility.
* Big fun for the whole family in a small package, the YZ-styled four-stroke-powered TT-R125Es beg to be ridden by everyone from bigger kids to adults.
* Low seat heights make both models accessible to most riders, generous ground clearance and long-travel suspension mean they’re also serious trail bikes.
* The LWE model features electric start, 19in and 16in wheels, aluminium swingarm
* Adjustable suspension calibrated for aggressive and/or bigger riders and a 220mm front disc brake.
* E model features electric starting, 17in and 14-inch wheels for great handling, and a sealed front drum for powerful stopping.
* Potent, 124cc air-cooled SOHC four-stroke powerplant puts out torquey, broadband power tuned for maximum off-road performance in a wide range of trail conditions.
* 20mm Mikuni carburettor ensures crisp, dependable throttle response.
* Smooth-shifting, five-speed transmission with heavy-duty clutch is geared for maximum versatility and usable power delivery.
* Smooth-shifting, YZ-type five-speed transmission with heavy-duty clutch is geared for maximum versatility and usable power delivery.
* CDI ignition system is ultra-reliable and never needs maintenance.
* Easy-access, tool-free air filter adds extra convenience during maintenance.
* Lightweight exhaust system features quiet spark arrestor.
* Rigid frame design features a long wheelbase to accommodate bigger riders while maintaining quick, agile off-road handling.
* 31mm telescopic front fork with 180mm of travel on both models for plush, confidence-inspiring control over rough terrain.
* Preload adjustable forks for even more aggressive off-road performance and handling.
* Big 19in front and 16in rear wheels on the LWE mean great handling and off road ability combined with sharp, predictable steering.
* Single rear shock with 168mm of travel provides predictable o handling for the aggressive rider.
* Box-section swingarm features snail-type chain adjusters for quick and easy chain adjustments.
* Lightweight aluminium box-section swingarm for reduced unsprung weight and optimum suspension performance.
* Front and rear brakes deliver strong, dependable stopping power.
* Knobby tyres offer superb grip and exceptional wear.
* New flat YZ-style seat is low, comfortable and allows easy rider movement.
* “Gripper” type seat aids seat-of-the-pants feel.
* Team Yamaha–inspired colours, graphics, and front and side number plates create styling similar to larger YZ lineup.
* Sleek, narrow fuel tank helps create big-bike look and feel. * Large, folding cleated footpegs provide excellent footing even in wet or muddy conditions.
* Durable fork boots ensure excellent fork seal and stanchion tube protection.
TT-R125E and LWE SPECIFICATIONS
Engine type Air cooled, 4-stroke, SOHC, 2-valve, forward-inclined single cylinder
Displacement 123.7 cc
Bore x stroke 54.0 x 54.0 mm
Compression ratio 10.0:1
Lubrication system Wet sump
Fuel System Mikuni VM20/1
Clutch type Wet, multiple-disc coil spring
Ignition system CDI (digital)
Starter system Kick
Transmission system Constant mesh, 5-speed
Final transmission Chain
Fuel tank capacity 6.6 L
Oil tank capacity 1.2 L
Frame: Steel diamond layout
Front Suspension System Telescopic forks
Rear suspension system Swingarm (link suspension)
Front travel 180 mm
Rear travel 168 mm
Front brake Sealed drum and single disc, Ø 220 mm Rear brake Drum, Ø 110 mm
Front tyre 70/100-17 40M and 70/100-19 42M
Rear tyre 90/100-14 49M and 90/100-16 52M
Length 1845 and 1885 mm
Width 785 and 795 mm
Height 1060 and 1085 mm
Seat height 775 and 805 mm
Wheel base 1250 and 1270 mm
Minimum ground 265 and 295 mm clearance
Dry weight 84 kg
Warranty 6 months unlimited kms, parts and labour
RRP (inc GST) $4599 and $4999