Pedrosa on Pole at Brno
Dani Pedrosa put his Repsol Honda on pole at Brno, with a surprising Ben Spies in 2nd after Lorenzo and Rossi crashed out.
Casey Stoner appeared to struggle with the Ducati, but just missed out on a front row start by 4/1000ths of a second.
As well as Rossi and Lorenzo, Nicky Hayden, Marco Simoncelli and Hector Barbera all crashed during the session.
Randy DePuniet managed 11th less than 4 weeks after breaking his leg.
Qualifying order Brno MotoGP 2011
1. Dani Pedrosa ESP Repsol Honda Team 1m 56.508s
2. Ben Spies USA Monster Yamaha Tech 3 1m 56.846s
3. Jorge Lorenzo ESP Fiat Yamaha Team 1m 56.865s
4. Casey Stoner AUS Ducati Marlboro Team 1m 56.868s
5. Valentino Rossi ITA Fiat Yamaha Team 1m 57.059s
6. Andrea Dovizioso ITA Repsol Honda Team 1m 57.117s
7. Colin Edwards USA Monster Yamaha Tech 3 1m 57.222s
8. Nicky Hayden USA Ducati Marlboro Team 1m 57.635s
9. Hector Barbera ESP Paginas Amarillas Aspar 1m 57.960s
10. Loris Capirossi ITA Rizla Suzuki MotoGP 1m 57.981s
11. Randy de Puniet FRA LCR Honda MotoGP 1m 58.089s
12. Marco Simoncelli ITA San Carlo Honda Gresini 1m 58.169s
13. Mika Kallio FIN Pramac Racing 1m 58.182s
14. Marco Melandri ITA San Carlo Honda Gresini 1m 58.43s
15. Alex de Angelis RSM Interwetten Honda MotoGP 1m 58.522s
16. Aleix Espargaro ESP Pramac Racing 1m 58.700s