Teknic Honda Preview Qld Supers
Bryan Staring will be back in action this weekend after a longer than expected recuperation in relation to a wrist injury. He will compete in Supersport only.
Team: Teknic Honda (factory Superbike and Supersport road race teams)
Event: 2007 Australian Superbike Championships Round 6 & 7 (double header)
Where: Queensland Raceway, QLD
When: 28 June – 1 July, 2007
Machines: CBR1000RR and CBR600RR
* The penultimate round of the championship will be held on Sunday, with racing also to occur all day on Saturday. The Championship is comprised of a total of eight meetings nationally.
Thursday: Fine, cold and windy. Min 4, Max 17
Friday: Fine, cool and windy. Max 20
Saturday: Fine. Max 21
Queensland Raceway is 3.12 km long and 12 metres wide.
Racing direction is clockwise. There are six corners, with four gravel traps, four overtaking areas under brakes. The circuit has a slight rise and fall of around 2m for drainage.
The design was checked with an FIA simulation model, which showed a theoretical top speed in a 1982 F1 car of 294 kmh at the end of the 650 m back straight.
- Bryan Staring will be back in action this weekend after a longer than expected recuperation in relation to a wrist injury. He will compete in the Supersport (CBR600RR) class only.
- Russell Holland will compete in both Supersport and Superbike.
- Holland recently returned from his second trip to Japan this year where he participated in HRC testing sessions for the Suzuka 8 Hour.
- Holland, who won the Queensland round last year as a Honda privateer, also clocked some of the fastest times during a championship teams' testing session held there earlier this month (Staring did not participate).
- Both Staring and Holland also tested at Winton Raceway recently where both riders confirmed their race readiness.
2007 Season Stats
|Bryan Staring||Rd 1||Rd 2||Rd 3||Rd 4||Rd 5||Champs|
|Supersport||4th, 7th||3rd, 5th||4th, 6th||Injured||Injured||8th|
|Superbike||3rd , DNF||8th, 8th||8th, 6th||injured||Injured||13th|
|Supersport||9th, 6th||5th, 6th||6th, 5th||Pole,
|Superbike||11th , 11th||11th, 12th||11th,11th||7th, 6th||7th, 6th||9th|
Previous Queensland Raceway Stats
|Supersport||n/a||Q: 7, 6th, 7th||Q: 6, 5th, 8th|
|Supersport||Q: 1, 1st, 2nd, 2nd||n/a||n/a|
|Superbike||n/a||Q: 5, 10th, 11th||Q: 2, 1st, 1st|
Russell Holland –
"It's been a busy time for me with testing and traveling, but I am feeling really good and have had a lot of time on the bike."
"The testing sessions at Queensland gave me plenty of confidence that I'll be able to get some of my best results of the series there this weekend."
"I have a history of some good results at this circuit, and know that I'm capable of winning there as I did last year."
"Also, it's great to have Bryan back racing this weekend as well. Everyone in the team is pumped and ready to go."
Bryan Staring –
"My wrist is going really well. I had the pins removed two weeks ago, and physically felt great when I tested at Winton."
"I was hoping to get back on the CBR1000RR as well for Queensland, but we decided it would be best to sit this one out just to be sure."
"There's no reason I can't do well on the 600 though, particularly if the weather is good!"