Harley Iron 883
Harley’s latest Dark Custom – an all black Sportie called the Iron 883
Harley Davidson have released the latest in the “Dark Custom” line, the “Iron 883.”
Since their introduction in 1957, Harley Sportsters have often been the starting point for the many legendary choppers of the 1960s, while also getting pumped up for championship dirt racing and dare devil stunt riding in the 1970s.
The Iron 883 keeps the fire burning with responsive handling, smooth clutch effort and durable carbon reinforced drive belt while pushing the styling of motorcycling minimalism. Decked in black from front to back, the new Harley-Davidson Iron 883 brings the beat of an 883 Evolution engine backed up by a combination of gritty, old-school garage features like front fork gaiters and drag style handlebars.
“The Iron 883 is a bike that provides a pure riding experience and gives its owner a platform for personalisation,” said Adrian O’Donoughue, Marketing Manager, Harley-Davidson Australia. “It’s totally open to the creativity of the rider.”
The Iron 883 features a black powder-coated 883 cc Evolution powertrain with black covers, Electronic Sequential Port Fuel Injection (ESPFI) and performance tuning with a flat torque curve. The pipes on the straight cut shorty dual exhaust flow the distinctive V-Twin sound. The black chopped rear fender with its combination stop / turn / tail lights shows more of the 150mm rear tyre and black cast aluminum wheel, while the front tyre also rides on a black wheel. The rest of the Iron 883 gets a darker-suited presence with black front forks and fender supports, fuel tank, oil tank cover, belt guard, drag style handlebars, and mid mount foot controls. A classic Sportster solo seat with a height of 64.3cm fits the lone rider, while a passenger seat and a backrest in matching black finishes can be added as accessories. As the latest of the Harley-Davidson Dark Customs, the Iron 883’s stablemates include include the Nightster, Night Train, Cross Bones, Fat Bob, and Street Bob. The Iron 883 is available in Black Denim and Brilliant Silver Denim colours.
Iron 883 features and highlights:
- Rubber-mounted Evolution 883 cc V-Twin black powder-coated engine
- Electronic Sequential Port Fuel Injection (ESPFI)
- Black fuel tank with unique graphics
- Black front forks with gaiters
- Black belt guard and front fender supports
- Black, 13-spoke cast aluminum wheels, 19-inch front / 16-inch rear
- Black low rise drag style handlebar
- Black mid-mount foot controls
- Black low profile front fender
- Black chopped rear fender with combination rear stop/tail/turn lights
- Chrome staggered shorty exhaust with dual mufflers
- One-piece, solo Sportster classic seat
- 25.3-inch seat height
- Optional Harley-Davidson Smart Security System
- Classic 3.3-gallon fuel tank