Honda 600 Hornet arrives in Australia
Honda’s highly anticipated mid-size naked bike – the CB600F Hornet – has just arrived in Australian Honda Dealers nationally.
Punters are already lining up to get their hands on Honda’s highly anticipated mid-size naked bike – the CB600F Hornet – which has just arrived in Dealers nationally.
The pared down sportbike, powered by the legendary "RR" series engine, offers riveting new looks and the blistering performance of a totally new engine and chassis. A close blood cousin of the race-ready CBR600RR, the latest release Hornet focuses on sharper, more responsive handling through the pursuit of lighter weight everywhere including an engine that is five kilograms lighter than before.
Attention was also paid to giving the new Hornet quicker and more easily manageable handling. This was achieved by carefully calculating precisely where that weight should be trimmed, or moved, to gain the most responsive, easiest-handling riding control.
The new CB600F Hornet’s shortlist of hard-hitting new features includes:
* A stunning new streetfighter look, with slimmer lines and lighter, more aggressive form.
* Mass-centralised construction that locates heavier components closer to the Hornet’s central turning axes for sharper, smoother and more confident handling.
* A lighter, more compact and higher-revving new fuel-injected engine developed alongside the 2007 CBR600RR.
* New low-slung exhaust system for enhanced mass centralisation and sharper handling. * A newly developed gravity die-cast (GDC) aluminium Mono-Backbone frame for lighter weight and sharper handling.
* Tapered dual-box-section aluminium swingarm.
* 41mm inverted cartridge-type front fork.
* Lightweight, newly designed five-spoke aluminium alloy wheels.
* New over/under dual multi-reflector headlight and slim LED taillight.
* HISS immobiliser security system. Available in black, silver and Fiji blue, recommended retail is $11,990 (inc GST, excluding stamp duty and Dealer delivery)