Yamaha MT-01 2008 released
Yamaha have announced the release of the 2008 model MT-01 Sports Torque Roadster.
Yamaha Motor Australia is pleased to announce the release of the 2008 model MT-01 Sports Torque Roadster.
The powerful V-twin that sports a massive fuel injected 1670cc engine and a minimal aluminium chassis bristling with state of the art performance parts now comes in three new colours and is fitted with a monster six piston twin caliper radial front brake setup. The big bore, long stroke engine is designed to provide torque addicts with a massive hit from low down the rev range while the CF die cast frame and truss style swingarm offer superb roadholding.
The six pot radially mounted GP-style brakes combine with fully adjustable 43mm upside down forks and a horizontally mounted rear shock to result in a bike that breaks the mould. Twin high swept mufflers and unique styling round out the package that’s turned the motorcycle world on its ear.
Available colours are now:
Silver Sand (with silver engine and orange pinstriped wheels);
Competition White (with two-tone white/black seat) and
RRP (inc GST) is $18,999.
2008 MT-01 FEATURES AND BENEFITS
* 1670cc V-twin produces pulsating, soul-grabbing Kodo beat
* Sports Torque concept introduced a new style of riding
* Riding position gives natural forward lean for optimal control
* Big-bore, long-stroke engine delivers stunning low rpm thrust – max torque chimes in at an amazing 3750rpm
* Aluminium chassis inspired by latest supersport technology
* Twin upswept mufflers emit superbly throaty exhaust note
* Massive engine and minimal chassis for maximum street cred
* Yamaha CF die cast process allows compact, super-stiff frame
* YZF-R1 derived truss-style swingarm for superb roadholding
* Optimal wheelbase and geometry offers light, stable handling
* Digital fuel injection features twin-bore downdraft injectors
* Torque output maximised by supersport derived EXUP powervalve system
* Forged pistons and ceramic coated cylinders for peak performance
* Performance braking form radial brakes and radial master cylinders, 320mm discs and six pot calipers up front
* Fully adjustable 43mm upside down forks for great stability
* Horizontally mounted rear shock lowers centre of gravity
* Four spoke wheels wear fat and grippy 120/70-17 and 190/50-17 tyres
* Unique dash features digital speed and analog tacho
2008 MT-01 Specifications