Chad Reed 3rd at Indy
Chad Reed has finished 3rd at Round 10 of the 2011 Monster Energy AMA Supercross at Indianapolis Lucas Oil Stadium tonight.
Chad Reed has finished third at Round 10 of the 2011 Monster Energy AMA Supercross at Indianapolis Lucas Oil Stadium tonight.
Reed, who was third in his heat race got a good start and took the holeshot in the 20-lap ‘Main Event’.
As the race progressed Reed was unable to hold out Ryan Villopoto and then endured an intense battle with defending champion Ryan Dungey for third.
The Australian held out his young opponent and despite recording the team’s sixth podium result, said he was not happy with the way he rode tonight.
“There are no excuses,” Reed stated. “I got beat tonight, I holeshot the race but didn’t ride well. It was disappointing to be in the fight and not be able to go on with it.
“To be honest I was lucky to be able to hold onto third. I couldn’t snap out of it and couldn’t change up what I was doing wrong. I have a few things to work on. There is a lot of racing to go and I am not focusing on the championship I just want to ride well,” Reed concluded.
The next event sees the series head to Jacksonville’s Everbank Field on Saturday March 19 (Sunday March 20 AEST).
Monster Energy AMA Supercross Class Results: Round 10 Indianapolis
1. Ryan Villopoto, Poulsbo, Wash., Kawasaki
2. James Stewart, Haines City, Fla., Yamaha
3. Chad Reed, Tampa, Fla., Honda
4. Ryan Dungey, Belle Plaine, Minn., Suzuki
5. Justin Brayton, Cornelius, N.C., Yamaha
6. Trey Canard, Shawnee, Okla., Honda
7. Kevin Windham, Centreville, Miss., Honda
8. Nicholas Wey, Dewitt, Mich., Yamaha
9. Cole Seely, Corona, Calif., Honda
10 Mike Alessi, Victorville, Calif., KTM
Monster Energy AMA Supercross Season Standings after Round 10 of 17
1. Ryan Villopoto, Poulsbo, Wash., Kawasaki – 221
2. James Stewart, Haines City, Fla., Yamaha – 195
3. Chad Reed, Tampa, Fla., Honda – 192
4. Ryan Dungey, Belle Plaine, Minn., Suzuki – 183
5. Trey Canard, Shawnee, Okla., Honda – 169
6. Andrew Short, Smithville, Texas, KTM – 129
7. Justin Brayton, Cornelius, N.C, Yamaha – 121
8. Davi Millsaps, Carlsbad, Calif., Yamaha – 114
9. Brett Metcalfe, Lake Elsinore, Calif., Suzuki – 107
10 Kevin Windham, Centreville, Miss., Honda – 103