Chad Reed moves to 2nd with 2nd in Florida
Chad Reed has moved to second in the Monster Energy AMA Supercross Series after finishing second in Jacksonville Florida tonight.
Chad Reed to 2nd in Florida
Chad Reed has moved to second in the 2011 Monster Energy AMA Supercross Series, an FIM World Championship after finishing second at Jacksonville’s Everbank Field in Florida tonight.
While his championship rivals faltered, including a crash from James Stewart who was taken to hospital with as yet unreported injuries, the TwoTwo Motorsports rider continued his consistent run, recording the team’s seventh podium.
Reed didn’t get the ideal start in the 20-lap main event but used the track’s controversial right hand turn to his advantage and gained ground. Reed worked his way to second by mid race and then battled with youngster Trey Canard for the lead but was unable to safely execute a pass. Reed said he probably let the win slip.
“There is a bigger piece of the pie that I want and sometimes you have to lose the battle to win the war,” Reed explained.”With that said I do want to win. I felt we were a lot better tonight than last week but there were still a few things missing here and there.
“I passed Trey but I knew I didn’t have it completed. I would of had to cut him off and have some contact, which could have seen both of us off and I didn’t want to give up any points to Ryan (Dungey).I felt like I rode smart and consistent and you have to be consistent to win championships,” he added.
The next round of the Monster Energy AMA Supercros sees the series head to Toronto’s Rogers Centre on Saturday 26 March (Sunday 27 March AEST)
Monster Energy AMA Supercross Results: Jacksonville Florida USA
1. Trey Canard, Shawnee, Okla., Honda
2. Chad Reed, Tampa, Fla., Honda
3. Ryan Dungey, Belle Plaine, Minn., Suzuki
4. Kevin Windham, Centreville, Miss., Honda
5. Andrew Short, Smithville, Texas, KTM
6. Ivan Tedesco, Murrieta, Calif., Kawasaki
7. Mike Alessi, Victorville, Calif., KTM
8. Austin Stroupe, Lincolnton, N.C., Yamaha
9. Nick Wey, Dewitt, Mich., Yamaha
10. Chris Blose, Phoenix, Kawasaki
Monster Energy AMA Supercross Season Standings after Round 10 of 17
1.Ryan Villopoto, Poulsbo, Wash., Kawasaki – 221
2. Chad Reed, Tampa, Fla., Honda – 214
3. Ryan Dungey, Belle Plaine, Minn., Suzuki – 203
4. James Stewart, Haines City, Fla., Yamaha – 198
5. Trey Canard, Shawnee, Okla., Honda – 194
6. Andrew Short, Smithville, Texas, KTM – 145
7. Kevin Windham, Centreville, Miss., Honda – 121
8. Justin Brayton, Cornelius, N.C, Yamaha – 121
9. Davi Millsaps, Carlsbad, Calif., Yamaha – 118
10.Brett Metcalfe, Lake Elsinore, Calif., Suzuki – 107