2011 BMW R1200R and Classic
BMW have updated the R1200R with more power, and a “Classic” wire wheel version.
BMW R1200R and R1200R Classic Updated
BMW have updated the R1200R for 2011 and added a Classic edition with wire wheels.
Using the 1170cc engine as found in the R1200GS and RT the R1200R now boasts 110 horsepower. The R1200R model has alloy wheels, while Classic adds spoke wheels, along with different paint and some chrome.
Both bikes retain similar specs, with the same powerplants, and suspension. Telelever up front is revised and improved, with the strong BMW flavour carried through to the rear in the Paralever suspension.
The basic version of the R 1200 R is available in one of three colour schemes: matt metallic smoky grey, metallic light grey, or metallic red.
The Classic version only comes metallic sapphire black with a white centre stripe on the tank and front guard. Other Classic features are a chrome vs Black muffler and mirrors.
R1200R in Matt Grey
BMW list the improvements on the new model thus:
* Double overhead camshafts in each cylinder.
* Torque raised to 119 Nm at 6000 rpm, and rated power raised to 81 kW (110 hp) at 7750 rpm.
* Maximum engine speed now raised from 8000 to 8500 rpm.
* Improvements to torque values.
* Cylinder-head covers now with two instead of the previous four mounting bolts and a new styling.
* Shorter, sportier rear silencer in brushed (R 1200 R) or chrome-plated (R 1200 R Classic) stainless steel.
* Electronically controlled exhaust flap for a powerful sound.
* Cast light alloy wheels (R 1200 R).
* Wire spoke wheels with light alloy flat collar rims (R 1200 R Classic).
* ESA (electronic suspension adjustment) (optional factory fit).
* BMW Motorrad integral ABS in the partially integral version (optional factory fit).
* Automatic stability control ASC (optional factory fit).
* Redesigned cockpit with two round analogue instruments.
* New hydraulic reservoirs with a smoked glass look.
* Extensive range of optional equipment and tailored accessories.
The actual retail price has not yet been determined for Australian delivery models yet.
The R1200R Classic
R1200R Classic rear view
R1200R in Red
R1200R in Red RHS