Harley Davidson Sportster Forty Eight
Harley’s latest Dark Custom Sportster is the 1200cc “Forty-Eight”. Or 48 for short.
Harley Sportster Dark Custom Forty Eight
Harley Davidson have released another custom Sportster in their “Dark Custom” range, the XL1200 Forty-Eight.
The Forty-Eight features the traditional Sportster peanut tank, the bike available in 3 colours, Mirage Orange Pearl as pictured, plus a silver and a black option. A fat front tyre, a lowered stance with a small solo seat complete the look.
Powered by the Evo 1200 motor, the Forty-Eight has electronic fuel injection getting the fuel in, and shorty pipes getting the sound out. Low bars and forward controls will keep your profile low.
The black chopped rear fender with combination stop/turn/tail lights help show-off the 150 mm rear tire and 16-inch Black Steel Laced wheels. The front tyre also rides on a wide black wheel.
Click here for large images of the Sportster Forty Eight
Forty-Eight features and highlights:
· Blacked out rubber-mounted Evolution 1200 cc V-Twin engine with polished covers
· Electronic Sequential Port Fuel Injection (ESPFI)
· Steel eight litre peanut fuel tank with lightening hole mounting bracket
· One-piece, solo Sportster classic seat
· 66 cm seat height
· Tall and fat 130 mm Dunlop MT90 front tire
· 16-inch Black Steel Laced wheels
· Low profile custom handlebar
· Under-mounted mirrors
· New front forks with wide triple clamps
· Chopped front fender mounted on fork brace with lightening holes
· Blacked components including air cleaner cover, clutch and brake levers and turn signals
· Chopped rear fender
The Forty Eight looks particularly nice from the rear, the Aussie model not getting the side mounted number plate holder of the US version however.
Pearl Silver Forty Eight colour scheme
Black Forty Eight colour scheme