2007 FJR1300 Yamaha released.
Yamaha have released the 2007 FJR1300. For full details and specifications..read on..
Yamaha’s best selling sports tourer comes in three slick colours for 2007, with heated handlebar grips standard fitment along with colour matched panniers, adjustable ergos and the sort of continent shrinking capability this model is famous for.
Excitement is what the FJR is all about – this is a sports touring bike that performs like a true sports bike. A highly advanced aerodynamics package, adjustable ergos and bodywork, plus the latest environmental equipment mates with superlative sporting performance to produce an extremely capable motorcycle.
The FJR’s sophisticated air flow technology sets this machine apart from other machines in its category. An air duct just below the large electronically activated windscreen routes cooling air under the tank to draw away hot air from the engine, and it also improves rider comfort by reducing wind pressure on the rider’s body. The mid-cowling is two-step adjustable. In addition, the handlebars and seat are also adjustable, allowing the rider to tweak the FJR’s comfort level to suit body size and riding style.
A twin fan, curved radiator design provides cooling efficiency, plus a catalytic converter and O2 sensor in the exhaust further reduces emissions. These refinements combine with a legendary fuel injected, in-line, four cylinder 4-valve 1300cc engine to produce ample performance in all situations. Smooth needle roller bearing gear shift and shaft drive provide the slick five speed tourer with a super smooth ride.
The FJR sports a unified brake system in addition to anti-lock brakes for controlled, predictable stopping in all conditions. The system works by applying a measured amount of front brake when the rear is applied.
Other features include a slim rear frame design, middle drive gear tooth designed for cruising at lower rpm, long swingarm for greater stability, easy read gauges (including a useful gear position indicator), high visibility colour matched mirrors, high comfort pillion footrests, aerodynamic clear indicator lenses, adjustable headlights and a 12V socket inside the glovebox. Functionally and aesthetically, the design of the FJR1300A epitomises Yamaha’s Art of Engineering. It is a shape born in the traditional Yamaha method of thorough and exhaustive road testing.
RRP (inc GST) is the same as the 2006 model at $22,999.
• Standard equipment Unified Braking System w/ABS: The front
brake lever activates six of the eight front braking pistons; the rear
brake pedal activates two rear pistons and the other two front
pistons — for balanced anti-lock braking in all conditions.
• Tall overall secondary gearing reduces engine rpm for comfortable
• Rear frame with integrated grab handle makes lifting the bike onto
the centrestand easy.
• Pillion pegs are forward and out for high comfort.
• Instrument panel reflects the FJR1300’s premium quality, and
includes real-time fuel mileage, average fuel mileage, air temp
gauge and gear-position indicator.
• Headlights feature easy-access adjustment knobs; mirrors are easy
to adjust and retract horizontally.
• Throttle cable pulley gives light-action throttle pull.
• Glove box can be opened whenever the key is in the On position,
and contains a 12V outlet for phones, GPS units etc.
• Integrated front indicators with clear lenses add to the FJR1300A’s
cutting-edge aerodynamic bodywork.
• An additional catalyst and a heated O2 sensor are located in the
exhaust for increased control range and low emissions.
• Compact, lightweight 1298cc, DOHC, 16-valve, liquid-cooled inline
four-cylinder engine delivers massive power and torque for an
unequaled spread of muscle over a wide rpm range.
• Engine is a fully stressed chassis member, allowing for a
lightweight frame design.
• Slant-block engine design uses stacked, tri-axis gearbox shafts that
help minimize powerplant size while optimising chassis geometry
for balanced weight distribution and sweet handling.
• Lightweight forged pistons with carburised connecting rods provide
superb strength and reduced reciprocating mass for outstanding
• Patented electroplated ceramic composite cylinder bores ensure
greater heat dissipation and thus reduced frictional power loss.
• Advanced fuel injection system is ideal for long-distance
supersport-touring, delivering crisp, seamless throttle response in a
variety of altitude/weather conditions.
• Low-vibration crankshaft with two gear-driven secondary
counterbalancers help deliver a glass-smooth ride with reduced
• Constant-mesh 5-speed transmission utilises wide ratios to deliver
relaxed long-distance touring performance combined with seamless
power and acceleration.
• Gear shift shaft features a needle-roller bearing to reduce friction
for silky-smooth shifting.
• Shaft final drive system is super-durable and virtually
• Four-into-one-into-two stainless steel exhaust optimises engine performance across the powerband.
• Wet-sump oil system uses an easy-access cartridge-type oil filter mounted on the engine’s left side.
• Slim profile–reduced width by over 25mm over 2005 model for
• Subframe-fitted quick-release luggage mounts provide easy use of
the standard accessory hard sidecases, which are conveniently
matched to the ignition key.
• Long dual seat features two-part construction using different foam
densities for the front and rear sections, ensuring plush comfort for
both rider and passenger.
• Ergonomically shaped, large-capacity, 25 litre fuel tank offers
excellent comfort and range and is constructed of steel allowing for
the use of magnetic tankbags.
• Instrument panel contains an electronic analog speedometer and
tachometer; LCD digital odometer, dual tripmeters, gear position
indicator, fuel, coolant and air temp gauges, clock; lights for
neutral, high beam, indicators, low oil and engine warnings—as
well as real-time mileage, average mileage, air temperature.
• Sleek, cat-eye dual 12V 60/55-watt multi-reflector headlight
throws an extremely broad beam for superb visibility.
• Powerful dual-bulb taillight features integrated turn signals for a
slick, one-piece look that’s aerodynamic and conspicuous.
• Standard toolkit located in convenient storage compartment under
2007 FJR1300A SPECS:
Engine type In-line 4-cylinder engine, 16 valves, DOHC
Engine cooling Liquid cooled
Bore x stroke 79 x 66.2mm
Compression ratio 10.8:1
Lubrication system Wet sump
Carburettor Electronic fuel injection
Clutch type Wet, multiple disc
Ignition system TCI
Starter system Electric
Transmission system Constant mesh, 5 speed
Final transmission Shaft
Fuel tank capacity 25 litres
Oil tank capacity 4.9 litres
Chassis: Aluminium, diamond shaped
Front suspension system Telescopic fork, Ø 48mm Front travel 135mm
Rear suspension system Swingarm (Link-type)
Rear travel 125mm
Front brake Unified dual discs with ABS, Ø 320mm
Rear brake Unified single disc, Ø 282mm
Front tyre 120/70 ZR17M/C (58W)
Rear tyre 180/55 ZR17M/C (73W)
Seat height 800mm
Wheel base 1,545mm
Min ground clearance 130mm
Dry weight 264 kg
RRP (inc GST) $22,999
Colours Ocean Depth, Silver Storm, Red Sky
Warranty 24 month unlimited kms, parts and labour