Yamaha Release LAMS FZ6R
Yamaha Motor Australia has recently added to its learner models by revealing the all new four cylinder FZ6R.
Based on the popular XJ series of middleweights, the FZ6R is powered by an inline four cylinder 600cc engine and sports a full fairing and neat midship muffler.
The lightweight, slim and compact new chassis features a low seat height, which should appeal to both new riders and those who may be vertically challenged.
The FZ6R joins Yamaha’s learner legal lineup that includes the WR450F enduro bike, XTZ660 Tenere adventure bike, XT660R on-off roader, XVS650/A cruiser and both the TMAX and Majesty super scooters. All Yamaha models under the 600cc category automatically qualify.
Available in Pearl White/Rapid Red or Raven colour schemes.
*LAMS legal in NSW, other states should check with local traffic authorities before purchase.
Engine technical highlights
* 600cc liquid-cooled inline 4-cylinder 4-valve DOHC
* Newly-developed high-compression cylinder head
* Slimmer inlet ports
* Cam profile designed for strong and linear low to mid-range torque
* One-piece cylinder and upper crankcase for good rigidity
* Bore x stroke 65.5 mm x 44.5 mm
* Lightweight forged aluminium pistons
* Four-hole two-direction fuel injection system
* 4-2-1 exhaust with midship muffler located beneath chassis
* 3-way catalyser and exhaust O2 sensor
* New inner-push type clutch for easy action
* Redesigned shift mechanism for smooth and easy gear changing
Chassis technical highlights
* Newly-designed high-tensile steel diamond-type frame
* Idealised balance of lateral rigidity for strong cornering performance
* 1440mm wheelbase
* Easy-handling caster angle of 26 degrees and 103.5mm trail
* Hexagonal slimline fuel tank with comfortable knee-grip area
* New slimline swingarm with inner bracket design
* 41mm diameter conventional front forks
* Monocross rear suspension
* 17 litre fuel tank capacity
* Low 785 mm seat height
* Lightweight 298 mm front discs and 245 mm rear disc, thickness 4.5mm
* 120/70-ZR17 front tyre and 160/60-ZR17 rear tyre
* Lightweight, low-drag 520 chain
* Newly-designed lightweight cast wheels
*Timeless new styling emphasises concentration of mass
* New multi-function instrumentation
* Adjustable handlebar position