MotoGP Qatar 2010 Results
Results from the opening round of the 2010 MotoGP season at Qatar
MotoGP Qatar 2010
Valentino Rossi has won the 2010 Qatar MotoGP round after Ducati rival Casey Stoner crashed out early. Team mate Jorge Lorenzo battled past a niggling hand injury to claim 2nd spot and a Fiat Yamaha 1-2.
Andrea Dovizsioso edged out a much improved Nicky Hayden on the run to the line for the final podium spot, with Ben Spies impressing in his first MotoGP race with a solid 5th.
“I got a fantastic start but I wasn’t quite fast enough and was suffering on the straight. I lost some time passing Pedrosa and by then Stoner was quite far from me, I thought then that it was going to be hard to catch him! Then he made a mistake and crashed, which was bad luck for him but crucial for us.
After that I expected it would be easier but in fact it was very hard to stay in front of Dovizioso, who was very strong. We had a good battle and then I did three or four laps at the maximum and was able to stay in front, but it wasn’t easy!”
Today I had to disconnect my brain and just ride with my heart, and I am so happy about this second place. My hand was a bit sore but the bigger problem was the rear sliding, and early on with a full fuel tank I found it quite hard”
Round 2 of the 2010 MotoGP season will be held at the Motegi circuit in Japan April 25th 2010.
Results 2010 Qatar MotoGP
1. Valentino Rossi (ITA) Fiat Yamaha Team
2. Jorge Lorenzo (SPA) Fiat Yamaha Team
3. Andrea Dovizioso (ITA) Repsol Honda Team
4. Nicky Hayden (USA) Ducati Marlboro Team
5. Ben Spies (USA) Monster Yamaha Tech 3
6. Randy de Puniet (FRA) LCR Honda MotoGP
7. Dani Pedrosa (SPA) Repsol Honda Team
8. Colin Edwards (USA) Monster Yamaha Tech 3
9. Loris Capirossi (ITA) Rizla Suzuki MotoGP
10. Hiroshi Aoyama (JAP) Interwetten-Honda MotoGP
11. Marco Simoncelli (ITA) San Carlo Honda Gresini
12. Hector Barbera (SPA) Aspar Team
13. Marco Simoncelli (ITA) San Carlo Honda Gresin1